Friday, August 1, 2008

I Hope This Embarrasses You, Ben

This week, Ben and I celebrated our first anniversary! It absolutely feels like last week that my musicians started playing Linda's Song...and I sobbed my way down the aisle to meet Ben (all the Felicity fans out there might recognize this song as "Ben and Felicity's Piano Theme").

So many people have said that the first year is the hardest, but I have to say, this was a wonderful year. I loved coming home to Ben after a long day at work, spending the weekends being lazy, sharing our home with lots of friends, and starting some of our own traditions. I am so lucky that Ben loves me, because I can be hard to love (just ask my sister...or my students). And I think Ben is just perfect. Seriously.

Our celebration was postponed a few days, as Ben was busy taking the bar exam (pretty good excuse, I thought). But, on Wednesday we ate a delicious dinner at North End Cafe' and enjoyed the top of our wedding cake.

Here are a few pictures from our favorite day, o7/28/07

Our monogrammed aisle cloth that my mother designed

Seeing Ben for the first time made me very happy

Mr. and Mrs...can you pronounce it? Spell it?

First (and only) moment alone...

At Talon Winery, a Lexington vineyard where our reception was held

If you can't tell by those pictures, I adore you, Ben. Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Dana said...

Harper Lee no longer! What a lovely post, using not only excellent writing, but also photos and a sound bite. I don't even think I know how to do that. Happy Anniversary to the Fiechters...we love y'all!! Call you soon Lynn :)

Dana J :)

Ben said...

it does.