Friday, September 18, 2009

An Open Letter to My Husband

Dear Husband,

In the last 5 (almost 6) years we've sent thousands and thousands of emails to one another. If you think about the last few years, you must agree that we've had some exciting moments to discuss within those emails. Think about all the fun dates we had in Birmingham, the concerts, the trips we took together...Remember when you killed that spider that was hanging out in my dorm bathtub, or the time you wrote your senior thesis the night before it was due?

We decided to get married, so I'm sure we emailed about that. We planned a honeymoon, moved in together, hosted fun parties for our friends, and picked up another dog. Remember when I almost died? Our favorite teams won ballgames--and we were there to celebrate together.

I haven't even mentioned all the craziness that goes on at work. Remember when, while writing a fishing report one week, I forgot a decimal point in the water temperature and Tom cussed me out? What about when we got the news that McBrayer wanted to hire you? Or, when that student 2 years ago found my cell phone number and proceeded to call me 100 times a day? Or when you found me sprawled on the kitchen floor, crying that I would never pass KTIP?

Our time together is fun, exciting, and sometimes dramatic. The next day, an email is always necessary to recount the experience. But in my email memory (yes, there is such a thing), I've never seen you use a single exclamation point until you created "Hypothetical Hundreds."

Snap out of it!

Love, Lynn

3 comments:

Ben said...

hahahaha, well Elaine Benes is my editor and we all know how fond she is of exclamation points. "It was cold outside, so I decided to put on a sweatshirt!"

Kent said...

I refuse to use online shorthand...these made me laugh out loud!!!!!

awwwsomeopinion#1 said...

RAOTFLMAO I JUST WIPED OFF MY LOLLERBLADES