Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Perfect Saturday Football Post

I've been tagged by Dana! Ladies, enjoy reading about Our Romance while your husband watches football for the next 12 hours.


♥ What are your middle names?
Michael and Ormsby--I kept my maiden name as my middle name.


♥How long have you been together?
Ben and I went on our first date to a fraternity party on December 5, 2003. After I saw his lions and lambs, puff-paint, x-small Christmas sweatshirt it was over. Does anyone else remember this?

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
This is the best part of our story. Ben and I have known each other since elementary school. We attended the same church, same middle school (Ben was actually my sister's first middle school boyfriend!), same high school, and same college. But, we didn't go on our first date until my senior year of college.

♥ Who asked who out?
Ben asked me to the Sigma Chi Christmas Party. He was fresh off the plane from England!

♥ Who made the first move?
Ben looked into my eyes and I looked into his...the move was mutual.

♥ How old are each of you?
Ben just turned 27 and I'm 28. The worst months in the year are the months when I appear to be two whole years older than Ben. We are actually 15 months apart--the same distance in age as me and my sister.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Yes: middle school, high school, college, and graduate school!

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Yes.

♥ Who is the smartest?
I would like to think there is some area in life where I know more than Ben. This is just not true. I like to read, I like to write, I have a Master's degree. Ben missed 9 questions on the LSAT.

♥ Who majored in what?
Lynn--English and Journalism
Ben--History and Political Science

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Ben is increasingly sensitive, but I once cried during a TV movie that I turned on 5 minutes prior. I will never live that one down. So, I win.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Ben has a theory that the crappier the Mexican restaurant, the better the food. We frequent Cielito Lindo, a Mexican restaurant housed in an old McDonald's. Proof the theory is true--The food is amazing!

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
From Lexington to Tuscaloosa, from Tuscaloosa to Asheville, from Asheville to Lexington...in four days!

♥ Who has the worst temper?
Tilly (our dog) won't stay in the same room when Ben is watching a game (any game) on television. Ben wins!

♥ How many children do you want?
Ben wants [zero to] two; I want three. We'll just have to see who wins:)

♥ Who does the cooking?
I'm sure that Ben would tell you that one of the best things about being married is that he hasn't been in charge of an entire meal (yes, he grills) for two years. I would tell you that one of the best things about being married is that I haven't washed a dish for two years.

♥ Who is more social?
We can both be loners. When we are with a law school crowd, Ben is pretty talkative. I am a completely new person when I get to spend time with Samford friends!

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
I am. I am especially OCD about making the bed. I often clean to relieve anxiety. I know, too much information...

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
I don't think I'm that stubborn. I also don't think Ben is that stubborn. I have a feeling that he would have answered that question differently.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Me! Me! I have to be in my car before 7:00 am, ready for my 30-minute commute and my 7:45 am journalism class. Ben gets up at 8:00 and is at work 20 minutes later.

♥ Where was your first date?
Sigma Chi house--Tacky Office Christmas Party

♥ Who has the bigger family?
Ben!

♥ Do you get flowers often?
In almost 6 years, Ben gave me flowers once. Instead, he buys me good CDs:)

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
We spend all holidays in London (KY). We somehow find a way to see both sets of parents, all our siblings and the grandparents in one weekend.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Me:(

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Dana, I bet you're dying to read my answer...Ben told me he loved me after 3 years together. That's when we became serious, but we did have a good relationship before that. I don't recommend this to every girl, but for me Ben was DEFINITELY worth the wait!

♥ Who eats more?
Ben, no contest.

♥ What do you do for a living?
I'm a high school English teacher; Ben is an attorney.

♥ Who does the laundry?
Me...Ben shrunk one of my favorite shirts the first week we were married and hasn't done laundry since.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Ben--he actually has to edit all my writing, download all my pictures to the computer, and upload images to my blog or facebook. DeLaune' used to do all this for me, too.

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Last year I went to a wedding in Northern Kentucky and Ben stayed in Lexington for another wedding. You would have thought I was driving across America. Ben had to print off directions for the rehearsal dinner, back to the hotel, to the wedding, to the reception, and back to Lexington. I know that's lame so I'm trying to be more adventurous now.

♥ What is "your" song?
We danced to the Van Morrison/Bob Dylan version of "Crazy Love" at our wedding, but I'm not sure if that is "our song." Many songs and many artists remind me of Ben and different times in our relationship. I love that.

2 comments:

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Ben, stop editing my posts without permission! I'm pretty sure I will eventually win this:)