Saturday, March 7, 2009

I'll Be Honest...

...I'm only trying to put Kent and Dana's recent post to shame. Just kidding--I've actually wanted to put these pictures up for a long time.

Ben was sent home from work at 11:00 a.m. Our heat froze up and then our power went out. Once I packed up our fridge, our clothes and our dogs, we headed to my sister's one bedroom apartment. The only reason we survived the Ice Storm of '09 is because of Carrie, but I have to admit it was really hard being "iced in"--with 3 people and 3 dogs--for 6 days. Yes, we were out of power for 6 days!

I know many people had it much harder, so I won't complain too much! Here is what we saw when we finally went back to our neighborhood:


We were sure this tree was going to take down our apartment. Both the tree and the deck are back to normal.

Richmond Road...although 3 or 4 inches of snow is on the ground, the trees and power lines are coated in a thick layer of ice and snow.

Everything was coated in a thick layer of ice. I wish I were a better photographer so you could see how thick the ice was on street signs, chain link fences, power lines.

Beautiful!

Although snow in March is not uncommon in Kentucky, hopefully the warm weather is here to stay!

3 comments:

Dana said...

These pictures are unreal. I love the one on the street. Still, I will use this to entice you: Come south where everything melts in 3 hours...I know you love the sun!

Unknown said...

I'm going to pray we get snowed in more often:)

Ben said...

dana, it was a wild week. at first, it was like a vacation and thus awesome. as the week drug on and i fell flat on my ass time after time, i got a little sick of it.